Tuesday, October 12, 2010

my new CHUCKNER straight from the USA!

So, I have a final paper due in 3 days!  And I'm only halfway through!  Darn!  I was supposed to finish it today but I just couldn't... :(  My allergy is killing the hell out of me!  I got runny nose the whole day, droopy watery eyes, and the icky fluids just kept on flowing out of my nose!  AGGGGH!!!!! *aaaaachoooo!!!!!*

WELL, my day isn't so bad at all.  I headed out to my friend's optical clinic in Panay Avenue.  My friend is actually in the US of A now.  She's been working there as an optometrist for almost 2 years already.  I got a message from her brother a day ago, saying that there's a goodie bag waiting for me at the clinic.  My dear friend sent a balikbayan box for friends and family a couple of weeks ago, so there.

I was delighted to know that she actually did send me something :)  Doesn't really matter whatever the item is, but just the thought of being remembered and being part of her pasalubong list really touched me :)

Anyhoo, so I went to the clinic, and was greeted by her aunt.  Then the aunt handed me a brown box... TADAAAAAA!!!!!


Ain't her gift A-MA-ZING?!?!!?!?!!! :) I soooooooooo love it!!!!   What touched me most is her message.  Really short but truly meaningful!  My friends has always been supportive and really believes in my capabilities.  I can say that she has high hopes in me :)

Ah... She's so the sister that I never had!

So, i rode a cab and went to my next destination.  The cab driver was pretty engaging.  He talked to me about his life, his past, his present... well, it was actually a good talk.  I'll share what we talked about probably on my next article :)

Anyhoo,  a cab ride and a Mocha Frappe after, I went home.  Soon as I reached my room, I took pictures of my new travel buddy, and... tried it on.


YAY!!!! A PERFECT FIT!

Can't wait for my next adventure, this time wearing my new CHUCKNER! :)

Here's a photo of my ex-Chuckner.. well it still is my Chuckner and will still be my Chuckner as long as it's not yet worn out :))  Bwaha!


Don't you guys just love Chuck Taylors???? :) How many pairs do you have and what colors?

Awesomely,
Chic ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment